Our staff are our most important asset and we are passionate about helping people not just to have a job but to have a career with CMG. We actively support people to be promoted if that is their wish and if they have the potential. 80% of our Regional Directors in England, for example, have been promoted internally and over half of our Registered Managers have been promoted internally.
We have a whole range of learning and development initiatives at CMG to ensure our staff have the skills to support our service users. Our learning and development team is recognised as one of the strongest and most effective in the sector. Our initiatives include:
- Next Steps Programme which provides staff with skills they need to progress to management roles in the organisation.
- Our Outstanding Leaders Programme which is designed to help Registered Managers achieve outstanding ratings in their services.
- A range of specific training to equip staff to work with people with learning disabilities with a wide variety of needs including behaviours that challenge, people with forensic background, people with an associated mental health problem and people with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
- We have a very active coaching scheme to support people with their individual development.
- We are launching a development programme to help our Registered Managers to reach the next level in their career.
We also think it is really important to value and recognise the huge efforts of our staff. We have a range of initiatives which include our:
- Employee of the Month Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Annual Staff Awards Ceremony
- Health Assist Programme
- Perkbox, a range of affordable and free perks for staff and discount at many outlets