CMG is delighted to announce their first ever Family Conference, which will be held on Saturday 14th March. The day is open to all relatives and carers of CMG service users as well as any other family members of people with learning disabilities outside of CMG.
The day will not only help us to improve communication with families, but will be a day for family members to learn about and discuss recent developments in learning disability care, meet CMG’s senior management team and share their experiences with other relatives and professionals.
Keynote speakers include:
- Vivian Cooper, Founder of the Challenging Behaviour Foundation – The role of the Challenging Behaviour Foundation in supporting families
- Andrea Sutcliffe, Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care at CQC – CQC’s role in monitoring services and recent changes to the inspection process
Workshops will also be hosted on:
- Positive behaviour support – promoting positive coping skills and reducing challenging behaviour
- Supporting people on the autistic spectrum and quality
- Transparency and the future of CMG – how do you really know what goes on in services?
- The Mental Capacity Act and DoLs (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) – challenges and changes
The conference will be held at Imber Court sports and social club in East Molesey, Surrey from 10.30am to 4pm on Saturday 14th March. Imber Court has good transport links from Central London and is easily accessible from the M25.
For more information and to RSVP please contact email@example.com or call on 01372 364019.